Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED 110

This was a great course in validating a system of lists /prioritizing that took me many years of trial and error to devise. I still have some problems working student needs around 'my time'. This module helped me to see that consistently over-stretching myself is neither good for me or the students. I'll have to work on that!

I agree!  It is a constant battle to manage time and reduce stress! I am a very organized person, and feel as though, organization is the key to balance.

If the course content of ED110 is followed, stress related to work and social life can be made easier to cope with. We bring so much stress upon ourselves that ultimately turns out to be not important or not all that important in the long run. Learning to deal with stress in different ways described in this course can help identify real stressors, learn to cope or eliminate the stress, and make you a more productive and healthy person.

I like the method of identifying stressors, and deciding which ones can be eliminated or reduced, and also recognizing ones that can't be eliminated and learning coping mechanisms.  I plan on sharing these strategies with my students, as I feel that many students are stressed out during their externships, especially in the beginning. 

I liked this course. It reinforced good methods of prioritizing tasks and eliminating stressors in both home and work life. I too am going to pass these strategies on to my students.

@jlearamos : Yes this was an excellent course. It reminded me of all of the different ways I can teach my students to deal with major stressors in their lives, and it will benefit me at work as well.

Like the idea of identifing the stressors and write them down, and come up with a plan to reduce stress in my life.

It is really challenging to work on reducing the stress on a daily basis.

This course is a huge help , especially that over the years my health had been impacted drastically, to the point I was on disability for 5 weeks due to stress .

Sign In to comment