Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

FERPA

Great information. We all have to remember FERPA when talking about students or to students and others. 

As a non-US educator, I am quite impressed by the laws passed on student rights, information and safety, particularly in higher education. As an outsider, I am troubled by recent mass shootings in basic education schools, and I wonder how students in HEI's are safeguarded. It is reassuring for educators like me to know that the government is highly involved in these issues. Such protection is important because students need to feel secure when entering an educational institution. 

Comment on Arthea Arese Sunico Quesada's post:  I am in agreement and appreciate the awareness training made available to me as well as the written emergency response protocols in place and drills practiced to prepare our team as best possible for such situations.  Also having a rapid notification system for mass communication to share emergency information and provide updates to our students and staff is a asset. 

Sign In to comment