Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understand Your State Guidelines | Origin: CM205

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Colorado --> Understand Your State Guidelines

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned about the importance of completing the enrollment agreement correctly, explaining the cancellation and refund policy, and about not promising if transfer credits will be transferred in or if they will be accepted by another institution.

This module taught me the the importance of following the regulations and rules when explaininh the transfer of credits, refund period and discussion finanical aid or financial assistance. There are reprecussions that are put in place to ensure accurate information is being given to student. 

This module laid out how important it is to go over all the policies in enrollment. The enrollment agreement, refund policy, and cancellation policy must be provided to each student, since we never know what may happen in that students life. As well, each institution has their own transfer policy, and we should never make any promises of what our institution might accept. so as to not make a false promise.

Adhere to the "must do and don'ts" in this module.  Its important to know what can be said and done before you start working with students.

The biggest things I learned from this module are the importance of adhering to guidelines when it comes to filling out enrollment paperwork correctly and how important it is to not promise things we cannot promise, and in general be really careful about what we say when we are talking to students so we don't accidentally promise or suggest something that we can't promise or that isn't true.

One thing I learned of great importance is that each agent must be registered with the state licensing agency and this registration must be renewed each year. 

Following regulations and rules is of utmost importance regarding enrollment paperwork and refund policies. Be thorough in your presentation and make sure the student and joining party (parent, etc.) are willing and able to understand full required presentation of information being provided to the student. It is extremely important to take these procedures seriously and not cut corners.

Sign In to comment