Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Inspect What You Expect

The old saying holds true for all departments within a campus.  The education industry is organic and by that I mean is constantly changing.  Inspecting what we do consists of ensuring that what we do is compliant but it also consists of making sure that what we are doing satisfies current directives.

Very True Kenneth, In addition to your statement we also have to satisfy our students need whil balancing these constantly changing directives.

This is an ongoing process and colleges and universities need to have measurements in place that will support this and make it part of theor mission statement as well.

I agree with you that it is critical that we have checks and balances in place to inspect that we are meeting the standards we set for ourselves. The "busyness" of the day can be distracting and cause well intentioned people to overlook thet smallest of tasks. This is why it is important processes are in place to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding all expectations.

I agree with you. The Department of Education is requiring a lot of documentation for each student which is good, yet, it is time consuming when we are teaching around 100 students each day.

Sign In to comment