Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Moving and Shaking

Education is going through a movement in regulations, documentation, and changes. It is imperative for courses like this to exist to make sure we are doing right by the student. I feel having the laws and policies at hand makes me  more professional in my field and better at advising those looking to attend college.

The credibility adds pride to my industry in which I have built a career now for over a decade.

Hi Anessa,

I agree with your thoughts.  I really needed this course to help keep me on track as the admissions process was kind of running away with me.  I was overwhelmed by it.  Trying to remember everything that I needed to remember and discuss with the perspective student.  I am feeling so much more confident in the admissions process now than I was a week ago when I first started this course.

The course was absolutely needed for all to remind us of the laws and policies in place.  I am glad they made changes that were much needed.  In admissions or as a director, we are all here for the students/prospective students to ensure they are knowledgeable in making the decision that is best for them. 

The industry is definetly going thru changes as well it should.  We are the ones providing these students with the information they need to further thier education so we need to be on point.  When we are not on point the one who really suffers is the student. 

It is very important for admitions to knowthe program they are placing students into.

It is good to know that the Federal Department of Education regulations outline requirements to separate duties related to financial aid responsibilities. This is a great check point to ensure all rules are being followed as designed.

john caruso, we are working with people who are trying to get ahead life not take two steps backward because an admission rep needs numbers do the right thing!

I agree with you Helmi, as an educator it is our responsiblity to provide the students with as much knowledge as possible about the industry and also provide them with the right do's and donts about the changes with regulatory agencies and policies that must be followed. I prepare students for state Board and as a Instructor, I am very greatful to have been given the opportunity to take these online courses. I much more aware of financial aid responsibilities as it relates to my students.

Its good to know the Facility will be held accountable. This ensures protection for student and staff.

This program was helpful in that none of this is general knowledge. I needed to be informed so I can be sure I am giving prospective students the most up-to-date and accurate information. 

I agree with Anessa, education is giong through a movement in regulation changes. We absolutely must do the right thing by students. There are so many schools losing accreditation because faculty and staff aren't aware of the policies and laws.

I just completed CM105 and found it very informative. I plan to implement what i have learned. Following the rules and regulations can only happen if staff is aware of rules and regulations.

Sign In to comment