Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

FERPA

This course should be reviewed by everyone. FERPA regulations are presented in a manner that is understandable and applicable. 

I agree that we all need to know this information.  I was not well informed. 

Now, I will keep my mouth shut.  At most, I will refer questions asked directly of me to those who are officially qualified to answer.

Completely agree

I realized that as a health care provider I am so cognizant of HIPAA,but was not as diligent with FERPA. I agree everyone should be asked to take this course

Absolutely right.  Everyone should take that course.  The more you know about FERPA, the service offered at the school will be greater.

I agree everyone should be asked to take this course. I have taken other webnair concerning FERPA and this was a more detailed.

I can say just with this section I have learned something I was not aware of.

I also believe that communication should be consistent and all employees should take the course. Much of the violations seem to be attributed to a lack of knowledge, so the course would certainly be beneficial. 

I agree.  I would go so far as saying every university/college administrator should have a basic understanding of FERPA, perhaps in the form of an unboarding compliance course at the time of hire.

it was very informative.

I agree we all need a better understanding of FERPA.

Sign In to comment