Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

CAN-SPAM

What is the single most important item you learned about emailing students, and how will it change your daily communication style?

I learned about the Can-Spam Act and how e-mails fall into three categories. At this time, this will not change the communication I currently have with students. The e-mails that I send can be considered "other content." My e-mails are to our current students regarding their attendance, classwork, or externship sites.

However, I do feel this information is very important and may be useful to our school in the future as we grow.

I learned that I would be a good practice to be sure in which type the communication falls before sending it. As a general rule, I believe it is important to separate commercial content from transnational or relationship content as a way to assure compliance.

I learned about the CAN-SPAM Act and the 3 categories. I will be sure to enlighten all individuals that may have e-mail contact with current or prospective students to make sure we are in compliance at all times.

Nancy,

I think it is great that the course was able to enlighten you regarding the CAN-SPAM Act.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment