Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mission Statements

In your own words explain why your company's mission is important to you.

The mission actually is the back up to the vision and passion of the organization. The mission is the reason we exist and provides a ground level purpose, and allows us to ask potential new employees if they are willing to uphold our mission.

Our mission statement tells the public at large why we exist, what we do and how we intend to accomplish the task. As am employee, the mission statement defines my work; and provides a picture of how my daily tasks and assigned duties fit into the overall organization. All employees should have the opportunity to review the mission statement as part of the interview/hiring process to insure that they are of the same mindset as the organization and can support the mission. In our case, prospective students are also asked to review the mission statement before completing an application. This step has proven valuable as it gives us the opportunity to discuss the foundational tenets of our College.

Carolyn,

I really like the idea of having the students review your mission statement. This allows the student to better understand the foundation that the school was built upon. Bravo!

Cindy Bryant

Our mission is important, because it keeps us focused on why we do what we do. We can better serve the student by always having the mission in mind. You have to consider your potential actions and whether or not they are in line with the school's mission.

A mission statement is a focused statement of purpose that is used to initiate, evaluate, and define activities.

My company's mission statement is important to me because it sets the stage for what I am expected to do, as well as, what the students who attend our school expect from us. It is important to me to know and understand our mission statement because my "personal" mission aligns well with the company's mission statement and ensures that the company, the students, and I are all working towards a common goal, which is student success.

I certainly agree that a mission statement is an explanation of the intention and passion of the institution.

The college's mission statement is very important to be because it is exactly the goal I must achieve to provide quality education to our students. It is one to follow and adhere to. It is a fact objective that will prepare our graduates to be true ethical and knowledgeable professionals in their future careers.

Cecilia,

The mission statement sums up your college's direction and outlines goals for what you and your management team hope to accomplish, both in academics and the industry you serve. This statement may span a short paragraph or several of them and give a clear objective for why you do what you do.

Just as you want to establish your direction as educational institution, it is equally important to establish it for the public. Employers, industry partners, media professionals, students and more should all be able to read your mission statement and understand your direction as a college and why you've chosen that focus. The mission statement should communicate why your goals were established and why they are important to your college's overall direction.

Cindy Bryant

Our mission is to provide the best education possible for our students and prepare them for the challenges of their chosen profession. We are proud of the quality, honesty and professionalism of our staff. It is important to me because I have always tried to live up to these expectations and I expect nothing less from the institution that employes me.

Sign In to comment