Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Assisting thos with Disabilities

It is very importnat to make every effort to accommodate students with disabilities so that they are getting the fair education they deserve.

I I agree with this statement. Every one deserve a fair shot at their education.

I agree with this statement. Equal opportunity should be given to disabled students and should be provided with education and access to education that they deserve despite their disabilities.

I agree with this statement. I feel it is very important to make strong efforts to accommodate these students. Technically they are working harder than those who have no disabilities. It takes a lot of will power to get education when you are already burden by a disability.

Amanda,
There is no question but that students with disabilities will face different (and sometimes, considerable) challenges in order to complete their education. But isn't that true of many students, with and without disabilities? I am not sure I would agree that students with disabilities are "working harder than those who have disabilities." They are working DIFFERENTLY.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

Sign In to comment