Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I beleive in order for the instructor to relate to what he or she is teaching,it is important to have first handly expierenced it!

It will enable the instructor to understand not only the subject matter, but other important things such as how much time it takes to read, and do the assignments, as well as being able to provide better feedback.

I also think if the students are aware they instructor had to go through the same accountablities, it might place more faith in the instructor.

Although some of the best instructors may be the ones that does not have some type of degree other than a certificate, should consider going back to school to obtain one. I think that it is really important to have some type of degree to to run an academic program, this is how respected is gain from our staff and most importantly our students. Let us also not forget that most accreditation requires that, enable for staff to run an academic program they need to at leat hold a bachelor degree.

According to the regulations you need to have at least one credential higher than the minimum to teach a course. I would say from personal experience, regardless that all faculty need degrees in their field.

I think instructors should have the degree above what they are teaching

Many Trades related professions do not have College like degree programs associated with them. Automotive and Mototcycle technician come quickly to mind. It make no sence to require a motorcycle technician instructor to have a Bachelors degree. Rather, they should be required to have proven years of experience in there teaching field, or a recognise certification from an independent 3rd party like ASE Certifications for Automotive Technicians.

Sign In to comment