Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Christine - great point on applying this concept to staff as well as students.

I use their comparisons to view a world I don't often get to see. I probe for more information and it's been more than once I have made changes in our program if the comparative complaint had merit.

I would hope that students would constantly compare, as I know there is no real comparison.

A fish has to wiggle to set the hook, as it were.

Listen to what the student has to say, but do not engage in their negative remarks. Take the information they are providing with a grain of salt if you feel appropriate, because not always are the students portraying the correct information or image.

I listen to what they have to say. Never speek bad about our competitor school. I think it makes us look bad if we talk bad about other school. And at times feel if we would talk bad about the other school it may push the student away.

I would like to hear their feedback. I feel that there may be a good idea that we could implement at our school.

I always listen to the student and let them vent. But in return it gives me a chance to highlight our school and show them that our goal is not to bash any other school. But to focus on our students and thier education

I must definetly agree with that....This can also be an opportunity to either better our school and the way we operate, remember that we learn alot from negative feed back and if we don't know what we are doing wrong or what we can change about the school, then we will never grow. Let's not also forget that the best advertisement is through word of mouth and the experiences of others. "of course we would make certain decisions depending what this particular student is comparing"

This does happen. Students often vent about why they left another school. I usually just listen. If they ask, I will tell them what our school procedures and policies would be on those topics.I do not agree with them or say anything negative about the other school.

that's true; it's good to listen, but negative comments about another school won't help anyone. To turn it around and say how we do things is the way to go.

Sign In to comment