Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree. The rules should be enforced by each faculty member. There are no children attending so, each student should be held accountable. We need to stop treating our "adults" like children and start treating them like the "Adults" we know they can be...

Great discussions on this topic! Missy - your points are well stated. If studentscan learn from their mistakes while in the school setting, proving to be "better" when they enter/advance in the workplace, I think that demonstrates one aspect of success.

I think when the same student is consistently challenging a code of conduct or catalog policy, he/she may be seeking attention.

I think your reasoning is very sound. Sometimes students are like our kids. They might need special attention or they may not have ever been held accountable before by parents, school and even law enforcement. Disruptive students should be dealt with on an individual basis. However, they must be held accountable for their actions even if they have never been before.

I agree with Thomas. Many times when we have these challanges that is the case. Sometimes enrollment could be a second chance for a "Resistor".

Allow me to interject that some students simply do not have the social skills required to follow the rules. I know this comment will spark some disagreement; however I have had and have students that come from areas that require this behavior to survive. In some inner cities the act of disobedience is a measure of "how much of a man you are". I found that these individuals just need a simple "come to Jesus" discussion and reminder that they are in a different environment so as to get away from all that. But this is just a trade’s point of view.

i think when you have the same student constantly challenging a code of conduct or catalog policy they may want attention or have personal issues.

I agree with this statement. I feel as though some of our students believe they are entitled to doing what they want not following rules and regulations while others are attention seeking. Is this because they are paying or is learned behavior?

It could be the way they were brought up at home or they could be seeking attention. Maybe both.

Must student don't like to follow rules and regulation.As an admission representive you must educated the student that in the real world there are rules you must follow to be successful.

Sign In to comment