Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Accreditation and Approvals

What would happen to a school if one of their employees should talk about the competitor's accreditation being bad?

It depends on the state and the accrediting body(ies) involved. Some regulators specifically prohibit such comments. If the comments are false, there can also be exposure under the misrepresentation guidelines.

In Texas we could get a letter form the state agency (if reported) and we would have to draft a response that would be review by compliance.
No fun!!!

I believe same rules apply in California. Depending on the severiety of the report a school can also be fined in other states.

I feel this come back to focusing on our school and the positive things about Concorde rather than getting involved in a discussion where you are making any kind of negative remark about another institution. A lot of students do come in, complain and share prior negative experiences at other institutions and though I will give them time to vent I immediately follow their comments with what they can expect from us and the procedures we will follow.

The school would definitely be investigated by the state regulatory agency for the violation of compliance based upon the complaints. Furthermore, the organization would place itself in a position for fines.

I could not agree more. There is a very definate chance that the school will be investigated and their compliance issues reviewed. If found to be at fault there would be fines imposed for the infraction.

Sign In to comment