Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enrollment Incentives

Is offering to receive a laptop upon enrollment, as some schools do, considered a misleading enrollment practice?

If this is used as a tool to entice enrollment for a prospective student, then it is wrong.

Only If the laptop is a necessary tool to completed the program, I don’t think its wrong.

Offering a laptop free of charge is an incentive that would be prohibited. However, if the laptop is included in the cost of supplies it is the same as books.

Cindy - this is a great example where the determination of "compliant" is beyond a "yes" or "no" answer since it depends on how the details are handled. Thanks for sharing such an illustrative scenario.

Yes,offering students gifts to enroll in your school in misleading enrollment practice.

Why should we provide incentives?? I guess I am under the old school theory of adults should choose to attend college to better themselves and their education, not because someone offers them a laptop to attend school. This is about learning not bribing a student to enroll.

I agree, why should we offer incentives for enrollment. We are in the business of helping in furthering their education.If you have to bribe someone into enrolling in school then obviously something is wrong with that school/college.

I worked at a college before where the laptop was added to the students fees. This worked out very well for those who couldn't afford to purchase one on their own. I didnt consider this to be an incentive since the student was actually purchasing it. :)

I agree. If students want to come to school is should be a choice not a bribe.

Laptops should be included in cost like for books for students enrolled in certain programs. I agree to offer the laptops to all students would be an incentive.

Sign In to comment