Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

From my understanding the institution is not allowed to check NSLDS without the student being enrolled. The student may access their previous financial aid history by requesting a password for NSLDS themselves. The student should also be advised of options in clearing the default, if in fact they were defaulted.

The student can access their information on NSLDS website.

I was not aware that students can log in NSLDS. This is very helpful. Even though we are not allowed to, this gives the student the oppurtunity to look into there situation. I have heard some schools to acces NSLDS first thing. Big NO NO!!

I think that is a great site for the sudent.

I would have them go on to the student website and check it themselves.

NSLDS is very important to FA, and students can also view there own info

Also, when the student fills out the FAFSA, the FAFSA will inform the student if they are reported on NSLDS. Usually, when a student indicates to me that the FAFSA is inidicating that they are not Title IV eligible, I have them go home and check out the student portal to NSLDS and have them contact the lenders, who they are are in defualt with.

I think this is a good approach to have the students contact the lenders for resolution. The school can help and guide but the student needs to be the one owning the resolution of their personal record.

Sign In to comment