Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

School and academic library

There a lots of resources on internal auditing which largely focus on the student financial aid, but I haven’t found anything focuses on compliance issues for academic or school libraries. The libraries are so important in an auditing because the students’ needs to find and create their knowledge in the libraries. The financial aspect it’s important, but the academic issues are important too.

Neida,
I agree about the academic areas being important and appreciate your suggestion to incorporate library resources into audit checklists.

Traci Lee

I've created the education aspect of the internal audits from the list of items needed for our state or accreditation when they visit the school for new programs or reaccreditation. These areas I concentrate on because I know they will be heavily focused on when someone from the outside comes to the school.

I've created the education aspect of the internal audits from the list of items needed for our state or accreditation when they visit the school for new programs or reaccreditation. These areas I concentrate on because I know they will be heavily focused on when someone from the outside comes to the school.

Kathie,

It's good to see departments take the lead for their respective areas as various entities focus on specific areas of the institution.

Traci Lee

We strongly agree and believe that students need to have a wide variety of quality educational resources available to them. We recommend that the students utilize the materials that are in the school library in order increase knowledge and ensure success.

Our school librarian spends a good portion of her time maintaining the requirements of accreditation for all departments and is most up to date with documenting use.

I do agree with the academic areas being very inportant and I do appreciate your suggestion to incorporate libray resouces to my audit checklist
Phyllis Wilson
Registrar

Adding library paper and electronic resources to the audit checklist is a great idea.

Sign In to comment