Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Erica,

It's excellent to see this kind of campus-to-campus review. I think there are other side benefits to this experience as I always learn something new when I visit various campuses.

Traci Lee

I (department chair) include virtually every aspect of my campus in my internal audit: the faculty within my department, financial planning/compliance, registrar, career services, and admissions. As others have stated, my college has another campus whose Dept. Chair has vast experience, and I look to her for advice. Within my own campus, I also pick the brains of other programs' chairs who have passed audits for their respective programs, to enhance my preparedness for the process. I feel that for me, it will expose and enlighten me to a fuller understanding of my program outside of curricula and academics.

Albert,

This is great to see - especially faculty involvement which can often be overlooked. And the peer collaboration is also a nice approach!

Traci Lee

I do not think it is necessary to have a master's degree. Maybe, it would matter depending upon the type of institution you are at.

This is the approach of our company as well. We have annual internal audits of our 6 campuses to look for policy and compliance deficiencies which could in turn lead to a follow up audit. These are conducting by our compliance director who has no individual interest in the campuses other than there success. It is easy to see how an internal audit by your own department heads could easily turn into a pat on the back session. We then have a campus visitation analysis which combines visiting members from other campuses to share best practices.

Ashley,
I like the concept of the campus visitation analysis. Sharing best practices can be greatly beneficial!

Traci Lee

I feel that they should be school owners and directors of schools. I don't agree with bringing in lawyers and others that have no part in schools and have no clue about the private school business.

Sign In to comment