Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

break down into groups of responsibility

In our School, I have suggested that each area has a specific area of focus and a team leader in charge that changes each quarter and works directly with our School Director. I felt like this way we all could become knowledgeable and accountable for every area of operation in our Institution. Do you think this would be effective?

Excellent idea, Victoria. Having a quarterly focus that rotates allows employees to focus on key areas without getting overwhelmed by the entire list of items to tackle.

I agree with you Victoria, when we focus on specific areas rather than broader topics it becomes simpler as well as having a team leader that helps you understand and focus better. Everyone learns about everything and they become better qualify for the institution's success.

I think it is a great idea. The more people are aware, the better we have chances of not making the same mistakes.

Great idea - I think this approach will allow ALL departments within the school to develop a better understanding and appreciation of the other departments and the compliance regulations they face rather than everyone focusing on their own issues at hand.

Hi Victoria,

I agree with your recommendation. This approach will help better support practices at your institution. In addition, it serves as a cross-training tool for the management team. Think about the opportunities and knowledge your colleagues will earn. More importantly, they will learn and understand key roles and responsibilities. Knowledge is power.

Not only will employees not get overwhelmed, they will also be more knowledgeable about the different focus areas. As a result, they will be better at recognizing any issues that arise and be able to respond pro-actively.

Our campus has an accreditation team for each area and we work together to ensure we all have the same interpretation on standards and policies. Often times a team member not assigned to the area being reviewed has the best insight on how to narrate the procedures to the accrediting team/body.

Kelly ,

You bring up an excellent point regarding the need to work as a team to have aligned interpretations! Sometimes resolving internal policies and procedures is the key to a successful audit!

Traci Lee

Sign In to comment