Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

resources

Can anyone recommend a good resource(s) on the nuts and bolts of implementing a compliance program for an educational insitution specifically? There are lots of resources on internal auditing, which largely focus on the financial aspect of auditing, but I haven't found anything yet that focuses exclusively on compliance issues for educational institutions. I understand the regulatory requirements/framework well, but would like to find something that provides a framework for designing and implementing an actual plan- in terms of organization, timing, defining and communicating scope, templates for report writing, etc.

Any suggestions?

To follow up on my earlier question regarding additional resources-I meant something other than this course (which is a useful resource as well!).

I am not sure what exactly you may be seeking, the ACCSCT website has an accreditation format that is pretty extensive. It covers many areas of a higher education institution and is quite accurate in identifying shortcomings.

There is an association dedicated to advancing auditing in higher education, ACUA (Association of College and University Auditors). Guides are accessible for members. I am wondering what comments on the guides, benefits, and credibility can be offered by those of you that are already members of ACUA?

Your accrediting agency should have a resource link to such documents. Most accrediting agencies will have a forms and reports link that will provide a list of compliance related questions

The course I took before this one the CM201 would probably be a big help. It gives you the rules and laws, etc. Even though it primarily focuses on agents the info there seemed to be alot more in depth.

The Association of College and University Auditors (ACUA) it’s a good resource. Another resource to know about the library standards for school, college and universities its American Library Association (ALA). The association has specific chapters like Association of Research libraries (ARL)for academic libraries , American Association of School Librarians (AASL)for school libraries and others. Your check list for compilance audit programs could include Libraries like Learning Resource Centers, Learning laboratory Centers or Media Resorce Centers.

Sign In to comment