Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What Does It Matter

Is it considered a "Do Not" to allow a potential student taking the 8th grade equivalency test more than one chance if a passing grade is required for admission to the institution?

I am not familiar with your school's specific policy on this admission exam. I would like to see others from your school respond with information. I have seen some exams with specifics outlined on allowed number of retakes and guidelines on time between attempts but, I cannot speak to the exam you mention.

Joy,
If I understand you correctly your talking about the Wonderlic testing that students have to take to gain admissions. They are given 3 changes in one year to pass it before they are admitted. Are you asking if this is a "Do Not"?.

The wonderlic sometimes is given twice the same day for entry into a program.

you have to consider some people have test anxiety!!!

Student has full disclosure of all the schools requirements in our campus catalog and it is a useful tool for them.

The rules for entrance testing are outlined for our school in our Operations Training Manuals available on our intranet. If I am not mistaken, the regulations (such as when and how often someone can test/retest) are set by the test manufacturer and not by our school. Each state might also have different testing procedures or requirements.

Monica - you are correct - there are some testing guidelines set by the provider of each test. Some schools opt to be even more strict than those rules so, it's good to check with the institution's policies for compliance with the criteria in place.

Sign In to comment