Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Island Positioning

Have you had any experience with running island positioning ads? Is this a good way to get your ad noticed at a cost effective price?

Jennifer - First off, let me thank you for joining the class. Second, let me apologize for not getting back to you in a more timely manner. Normally, you can expect an answer to your questions within 24 hours. As for island positioning, this is something we tested many years ago and the simple answer to your question is yes it can be a good method at an effective price. If you're looking to advertise in an employment publication verses a daily, we've found upper, outer positioning to be the most effective. In addition, make sure you're hitting your reps up for free color. 4-color is something we always try to get thrown in for free. I'll end with saying just make sure you're testing the different options out as much as possible.

also, another to ask for especially with employment papers is to test out their FEATURE page positioning vs. under your regular heading...i have found in our markets, the increase in leads makes up for the increase in cost.

I think that all depends on the amount of research that you do before running island positioning ads. Researching your the target audience and market is the key!

Researching and testing are the keys to success in regards to Media placement.

One other thing to take into consideration is how the competition is strategically placing their advertising. If everyone's running island positioning ads, you want to be distinct and find another viable option to grab the reader's attention.

Sign In to comment