Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Declines in Newspaper Subscriptions

Does anyone have quantitative data for the trend that seems to point to the decline in newspaper subscriptions? In one of our markets, we are down to a single daily paper. Our cost per lead for this channel is rising.

Rita - I don't have any quantitative data to support that, but we usually recommend putting as many dollars into the employment pubs as possible and limit the dollars in the dailies. What are you placing in the daily and are you currently using any employment publications?

Rita-I have the same situation as you with only one daily paper. What we have done is to support it is use our local employment publication more. Where I live it is free and reaches more people. CPL is good, as well the conversion of leads by our admissions reps.

Philip-
You're doing exactly what we would do.
The strategy for employment publications is capitalizing on good placement, confirming your creative stands out from your competitors and reaching the demographic you're targeting.
We've found this is more cost effective option for our clients over daily pubs and has proven to result in CPL and CPS benefits.

Sign In to comment