Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What if your market is not just in the area where the school is?

I understand that usually a majority of enrollees are going to come from the area where one's school is. However, @ our school we strive for a diverse market and try to get people from across the U.S. and some interenational. Do you have any suggestions for evaluating multiple markets. I thought that it might be a good idea to map the zip codes in our database to get areas of concentration--then evaluate those markets. However, I am not finding an easy, user-friendly and cost effective way to do that. I cant' go just by cities bc I don't know what cities are next to each other in say...New Jersey. Has anyone done this sort of thing and have any suggestions for me?

What database are you using? It seems there should be an easy way for you to run reports based on zip code that will give you a clear picture of where the enrollment "hot spots" are for you outside of the actual DMA itself.

That's what we are doing.

In my opinion, this is the time when broadcasting comes in handy!. TV and Radio will be the best way to attemp reaching your target audience that are not within the school's area...

We've seen a lot of success for some of our larger client groups recently with National cable advertising. It's an alternative option to localized placement and can be effective for lead generation and budget. You can still localize placement in areas that you have researched and proven successful enrollment zips, but with additional placement in these types of areas, you can reach broader market and with the potential for more leads and a diversified audience rather than just placing local advertising.

Sign In to comment