Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting Information Out

How do you get information about your school out to your community? Who is responsible. As a result of what you learned so far in this course, what new strategies will you put in place? Who will you assign to coordinate these efforts?

Personally, I do not have much knowledge of how information is pushed out to the community. I imagine student services works hard to ensure within our own community are up to date on things that are going on within the university. Outside of the university, we have military out reach coordinators who are responsible for going to local bases and creating lasting relationships and generate new leads for the military population. We also have several working relationships with different employers in the area who have a direct point of contact with the Director of Admissions.

Because the particular university that I work for has multiple campus locations- there is only one marketing director that I am aware of who travels to each one individually and comes up with a marketing plan. I personally believe that there should be an "in-house" marking director at each location. This person would be responsible for coordinating all efforts for that specific campus. In order for a person to be an expert on a certain demographic, it is vital for them to be extremely familiar with how that campus operates. It can be challenging to do that when you are worried about marketing strategies for multiple locations.

Sign In to comment