Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Kathy,

Thanks, your comments help to complete the picture of what students need to know to make informed choices about their education.

Jay Hollowell

Transparency is the issue here. As long it doesn't violate and compliance regulations or anything of that nature, the student has a right to know as much as possible about the career field they are entering and its requirements and demands.

Outside of the normal discussion points: graduation rates, placement rates etc., prospective students and current students should know what they are getting involved in within their respective field of choice. I normally tell students what a normal work day is like, the kind of clients they would be running across, general pay rates etc. I want them to be fully aware of what they are getting themselves into so they can't come back and say we never told them that

All students should be aware of the expectations from their instructors. And, most importantly their own expectations of completing their goal. If a student make their education a goal to complete. The student will realize that they have conquered any fears of completion. I believe this will show the student, that he/she may be able to handle anything related to their perspective career choice.

Price, placement, financial aid, when classes are running, length of program, what to expect as far as the difficulty of the program. need to gauge students commitment to their education.

Sign In to comment