Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Regulatory Rules

What are the ways you are learning the various Rules that regulate your activities and your institution?

The various rules that regulate my daily activities can be obtained by checking the oaccs website regularly for updates, referring to their laws, checking the school catalog and enrollment agreements, or even by asking my supervisor.

My checking the rules online, speaking with my supervisor.

We regularly check the OACCS website for rules, regulations, and updates. Other faculty and staff members also notify us of any changes that might effect our institutions and its processes. During the admissions training process, all “new” representatives must shadow senior personnel in each department (i.e. admissions, advising, financial aid, etc.).

Dana:

These are good methods of keeping yourself informed. Also, be sure to check the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools web site perodically for updates and other pertinent information at www.scr.ohio.gov/

I will be checking the OACCS website at least once a month and checking with my supervisor frequently to get internal updates.

I am learning the various rules that regulate both mine and my institutions activities by reviewing the Ohio Board website as well as the OACCS website. This will also be done on a monthly basis to ensure I am kept abreast of any changes.

The following meetings occur every week: Management Meeting, Admissions Department Meeting, Admissions and Financial Aid Department Meeting and a conference call with the Home Office. Any changes or updates are discussed at these meeting, or sooner if necessary.

I also check various sites, such as the ncahlc.org, www.scr.ohio.gov, and http://ohiocareercolleges.org on a regular basis.

We are creating a group notebook in our office and are able to refer to it as needed.

Our process also includes a continuous education plan. We keep current with the OACCS rules, regualtions, policies and procedures.

Checking the OACCS website is very helpful as I've learned just from doing this exercise. It is also good to read the school catalog completely once a year.

These are good recommendations. Periodically reviewing the school catalog is very helpful and will make it easier to answer questions that prospective students may have.

I always check with my supervisor if there are any new rules/regulations being implemented. She also keeps us informed as well.

Our Director keeps us informed of all the updates as they come in. We then discuss them in our weekly meetings and update our notebooks.

The school catalog is updated at least yearly possibly more and I always take the time to read through the catalog as a refresher to myself and to stay current with any new policies. Also checking the OACCS website is helpful when you may need further explanation.

Our staff and faculty inform us of any changes that might effect our college. We check OACCS website for updates. New reps shadow people in different departments as part of admission training.

Debra:

Shadowing people in different departments is always helpful for admissions reps. Periodically sitting in on classes can also be informative. The more you know about your school, the easier it is to effectively communicate with prospective students during the admissions process.

It is important to continually check for any updates regarding the OACCS website for rules, regulations, and updates. In addition, faculty and staff members also inform agents of any changes that may affect how the institution runs. During the admission training sessions, newer representatives are encouraged to observe more senior level representatives in their every day tasks.

We have intense training on FERPA and other rules that we must follow.

We do this as well. I check myself on the website for updates, disuss any new changes with my supervisor, and we go over any new changes as an admissions team in our weekly meeting.

Sign In to comment