Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Yes, I do the same. I also check the OACCS website for rules, regulations, and updates.

By completing training programs such as this and also the internal training.

I have been making sure to print copies of all literature related to compliance so I can go through and highlight specific sections including those that I might not understand fully so I can seek clarification from a senior rep or higher-up. I also have been making sure to keep the regulations organized so I can locate them quickly throughout my training and afterwards.

There are so many regulatory rules it can sometimes feel like you are overly cautious of what we say and do. I believe these are important and make us better at our job and students can trust the information given. We have to find a way to be as compliant as possible, but still keep our interaction with students conversational so we connect.

The catalog is an important tool for keeping up on the rules and regulations, but here our primary resource is our supervisor who sits with us during the day to answer questions as they arise.

In addition to the training provided by this website, my institution has also provided me with other computerized training courses and resources to help me learn the rules of being an admissions representative.

Through continued training at the school and school ownership level. We prepare for ACICS accrediting visits every 3-5 years, in addition to being guided in changes regarding full disclosure for median loan debt, on time completion rates, full tuition disclosure, employment rates, and hiring employers.

Knowing the school catalog front to back and stayinmg current with all new addendas and when changes are made to any paperwork especially changes to the Enrollment Agreement.

The supervisor is a excellent tool that can be utilized at a moments notice. In addition to the knowledge of the rules and regulations, they have the real world knowledge that new reps might lack.

I would like to increase my learning of the Rules by not only studying them online or printing them off, but I would like to have a written copy. Where might it be possible to get the entire 3332 code in writing? Looking at the code online is quite helpful, but the printed form even in admissions office should be available. When the law changes pages in the Resource notebook could be replaced.

I am utilizing the catalog to compare the information in the course and identifgy the specific information as we go along.

Karen,

There is a link from the Board's website, listing all of the applicable Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code. When law or rule changes are made, the changes will appear and you can download a new copy.

Kimberly Stein

I always find that printing fresh material from an updated website allows me to keep information current. Having stock piles of printed forms and paperwork for prospective students can result in older documents finding their way into students' hands. Sometimes the updates can be very hard to find at first glance, so printing fresh material is a great way to prevent this. Having your favorite links saved on your browser will keep this sort of task from taking any extra time as well.

I am going through a classroom style training to get information on the various rules.

I have been studying the enrollment agreement, catalog, and FAQs.

Search my catalog and study it

It is always good to know the catalog as things can change and that is the best place to know about it so that You are providing the accurate information.

I learn via this training and via the leadership of our campus and other departments - educational funding, admissions, registrar, academics, and executive leadership, together with the leadership of our main campus.

I am a member of several organizations that send me updates on any changes to current rules and regulations.

I am learning by taking notes on information i have read. If there is anything I am unclear about I will ask my supervisor.

Sign In to comment