Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Resource Notebook

What information have you placed in your Resource Notebook? What have you discovered that you didn't know about the institution or the rules and regulations it must abide by?

In my resource notebook I have: an organizational chart of my institution's district breakdown, plus a campus specific organizational chart and directory; program brochures and fact sheets; parts of the extensive school catalog and examples of marketing materials.

I didn't realize how much information the school has to disclose being a career college/school. I was also unaware that representatives/agents have to be certified through so many organizations.

I have placed the Agents/Admissions Reps Regulatory Law and Rules Packet in my resource notebook. I did not know that you have to renew your permit annually.

I am actually surprised at how fast my notebook is getting filled up! I have about 30 page of my note book not including the college catalog. I have a section for the regulatory laws and rules for Ohio that I have learned throughout this Course including 3332-1-17 and 3332-1-09/10 we studied in Module one and two. In addition I am planning on adding similar sections for each state my organization is approved in. I have also included a complete copy of our College Catalog along with a copy of the enrollment agreement with highlighted topics student usually ask about.

Before I started this course I did know my college was recognized by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, ACICS. However I was not know that we are also recognized by the HECB, the Washington Higher Education Coordination Board, South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, Alabama commission on Higher Education, and a number of other states including Ohio State board of Career Colleges and Schools.

I am an avid note taker and have found this information to be very interesting. I have printed the agents/admissions reps regulatory laws/rules, Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and schools mission, along with the difference between an admissions representative and counselor to add to my resource notebook.

I often times refer to myself as an admissions counselor since I do help guide prospective students down the proper career path they aspire too. However now that I understand the difference, especially on a compliance stand point, I will be making changes to my verbiage.

The resource note book is great because it will allow me to keep track of my responsibilites as a representative.

One item I found to be enlightening is that as agents we cannot be called counslers. THis is a very different way of looking at things because we need to foucs on our role of what we can do which is helping students to get into school , but not advise them about academic items which should be ahandled by our academeics department once a student is enrolled.

Hello from Kathy
1.I've put in the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools Website

2.Listed Laws and Rules that regulate me as an Admission rep
3. Our school catalog link to website
4. Listed the link to our Enrollment Agreement-(hard copy as well)with definition
5. List of our Marketing plans
6. List of our Policy and Procedure as found on our school website via school catalog
7. An organizational chart-with contact info
8. Our Acceditation and Approval as noted on our website and in catalog.
This is what I have thus far

I have a question. Once I submit this info and would like to add to it, where do I do so?
This is my first time using your format.
Thanks so much
Kathy

I have included a paper student catalog, also have the July 1st updated addenda on the share site. I have included the Admissions Enrollment Agreement along with some interneting and TV marketing ads I found online. I also have printed and the share link for our policies and procedures as employees. I also have printed the Organizational Chart.

I was interested to see the definition of an advisor. I am an admissions representative but have had students ask if I was going to be there advisor? I feel I am here to give facts and assist the student not advise them.

I listed the laws and rules that regulate me as and admission representative; added the link of the school catalog and the link for the enrollment agreement.

It was interesting to know that admission representatives are not counselors. Will make sure to apply correctly the verbiage when talking with students.

I am following the recommendation in the trainings. I have made tabs and areas for each area of information. I have learned to requirements are much more than many schools. It is valuable information.

I fully agree with you Megan. I've printed all the rules and regulations pertaining to the agents/admissions, along with the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and schools mission statement and included my own notes. Thus far I've found my resource notebook very helpful and enjoy having the information in one place, along with my notes!

Kathlene,

You would have to had a new comment in the thread. I don't believe you can add to your original comment. Does that make sense?

Kimberly Stein

I have found that renewal information is valuable to have as well in your resource notebook. Several states have different requirements and making sure that all of those are up to date is crucial to staying compliant.

I have to agree with you Megan, because of the differences in state regulations on what can be said to students note taking helps burn that into memory. I often have post-it notes with the state and the more difficult things to remember printed on it.

I have placed several items in my Resource Notebook. A copy of the Regulatory Laws/Rules, the college's catalog, an enrollment agreement, an organizational chart, and several pieces of the college's marketing materials are included in my notebook.

By reading the rules and regulations I have discovered that I will need to renew my permit annually to be an admissions representative.

My Resource Notebook includes a copy of the states rules and regulations that is provided from the course. It also includes our University's marketing material for each program, a copy fo the curiculum guidelines, as well as several course catalogs.
I can't say that there is anything in regards to my institutions rules and regulations that I did not already know. We have weekly trainings that allow us to stay current on our institutions rules and regulations and recruiting practices.

I am brand new to this, but I'm looking to add the following:

Org Chart(s)
The Agents Regulatory Laws/Rules
The Enrollment Agreement
Marketing Materials
Policies and Procedures
Course Catalogues
Fact Sheets
..and any of my day-to-day items that I will be using regularly in regards to interactions with students.

Still learning about the rules and regulations, but having this Resource Notebook has been great to build a solid foundation with - and add information to as needed.

My resource/training notebook includes detailed outlines with screen shots of the computer system I will be using; along with outlines of course requirements, schedules and pricing of those courses. I will also now include the information received in this training.

I can see where having this type of notebook will prove to be very beneficial.

Code of Conduct, Business Ethics, Compliance Forums and Info re our programs.. To be updated continuously
Thank you

Sign In to comment