Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Transfer of credits

Am I required to verbally talk about tranfer credits if the issue doesn't apply being that the catolog goes over it?

@yvopla Yes. You should during the application process.  

Transfer credit evaluations are done by the records office at our University.  I do give students general transfer credit information as stated in the catalog.  There are even times when the records office will do the evaluaton but the student wants to discuss the transfer credits with me in admissions. Most students are our univeristy come in with some amount of transfer credits.

I always ask a prospective student if they have credits right away and even if they are not sure if any will transfer over, I still get them to gain a copy of their transcripts for our Dean's evaluation just to be sure. I have had one or two slip through and learn that they did have credits while in the classes that they would have had the credits for and they were not happy campers. It is better to nip it in the beggingin rather than change a whole student's schedule and financial aid packaging over it all later and less hassle for other departments as well.

Sign In to comment