Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Life experince accredidation

what are the particular measurements to accredit life experiences?

Sharon,
It depends upon the school and the credit equivalency. It is very difficult to equate life credit to academic credit.

I never experienced a situation where they have taken life experience credit. So many students hear about it and get high hopes but I think these must be extremely specific circumstances for colleges to review and approve.

This one is new to me. It appears very abstract and loose. I would definitely be interested in learning more about how others are using this and process for documentation.

Moira,
It is very uncommon practice and there must be a process for review. This often used by diploma mills as an enticement to enroll.

Patty Aronoff

Carrie,
People who have studied hard in academia turn away from life credits. Can life replicate their studies and gaining of knowledge through life experiences?

Patty Aronoff

I personally believe that life-experiences can rival that which is taught in the Classrooms. My dad, for example, never got the chance to finish the equivalent of what is now "Middle School", but when it comes to business, he would give a Harvard graduate a run for his money.

Woei,

Life experience credits will always be a controversial topic. Thank you for your personal insight.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment