Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Staying Current

While I am very well aware of teh requirements I must meet. Again this course has reminded me of how important it is to stay current and informed on any new policies or changes in my institution.

Mareny,
Keeping current is very important and reflects on the integrity of institution that you represent. Students are very aware of today's news and trends in education.

I think that having an update Resources Notebook is necessary to be in compliance with any regulatory change and also to have the whole department inform about it. Communication is a very important matter an with a periodically revised Notebook this will be possible.

Carolina,
Excellent point. CIE can change their rules at any time of the year. It is important to check the regulatory agency regularly.

Staying current with regulatory policies and procedures is always important. It is especially important in an industry that can be so fast paced. Policies are here today gone tomorrow in the educational world. I just think it is great that there is a governing body to lay out what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. The consumer wins when these types of practices are put into place and enforced.

Joshua,
Students are becoming more aware of the diploma mills and illegal operations happening today. They, too, want to be reassured that there is an agency looking out for them.

Staying current also helps us keep students informed and we can help them by ensuring we inform them on current changes. Especially with the state requirements

Nelida,
There are so many changes in the industry today. It is very important to keep up-to-date.

In the future I will make sure to keep up to date with the most current information. I will make sure to follow up with my director. All this information has been extremely useful.

Staying current is very important.You need to stay informed of any new information within your campus in order for you to be sucessfull in your profession.

Guerdap,
The sector has so many changes it is important to keep on learning.

Irashe,
Sounds like an excellent plan!

I have seen a couple of diploma mills. I see how important it is to stay current. I am very happy there is an agency looking out for all.

Leslie,

Diploma mills are out there posing as legitimate institutions. Unfortunately they are there just waiting to take someone's money.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment