Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What is the best method of marketing for generating qualified leads?

Is it through advertising, career fairs, consortiums or lead generating companies?

Donna,
The best leads are those that are personally developed. Your best resource are ones from current students or alumni.

I think going to events specific to your industry to network. I work at a Cosmetology school so hair shows, girls night out, and even the beauty supply store. Also, blogging is an excellent way to generate traffic to your schools website.

Rachael,
The internet does provide some excellent sources to find prospective students. Actually getting out in the industry brings a new perspective when talking with students.

I truly believe that the best business acquired is through an established network. We are cultivating relationships with our city commissioners office, school officials, and community leaders. We share with them about mission and how we are helping to change many students lives by preparing them to live out their dreams. We also market ourselves via the traditional media outlets and non traditional. For example, social media has paid off in providing us with an excellent source of student leads.

Octavia,
I believe you have hit a very important topic. Marketing is part of every aspect. Keeping up with marketing ourselves is a key to success. We must reinvent ourselves as we continue to grow. Thanks for adding this to the discussion.

I would like to add that it depends on the size of your school and staff. It's great to say all those marketing tools can be utilized, but there is a matter of time and money to consider as well. I think it's hard to pick and choose what you want to do vis a vis marketing with a limited budget.

Tony,
You are so right in that economics plays an important role. Many schools use cost efficient ways in developing leads. Number one is the personally developed lead from current students. The best advertisement you can have is one from a very happy student.

Agreed! No better advertisement then your students or alumni! Create the relationships with these people!!

Tim,
Personally developed leads give a stamp of approval that no print ad can give.

This is absolutley true. No amount of advertising or marketing can ring true like the words of someone you know that attends the institution. Word of mouth and personal testimonials are great ways for students to find out about schools that interest them.

Christina,
Personally developed leads from satisfied students are the best advertising. We all seem to have confidence when someone we trust has experienced it before.

As a start-up school, we are using our budget to purchase equipment and supplies needed to provide a quality education to the enrollees. There is a balancing act ~ how to market/advertise adequately in order to attract students without overspending, yet to advertise enough and in the "right" places in order to generate potential students to fill a class.

From a staff perspective, we're all wearing multiple hats. We keep brochures in our cars so that we're prepared when an opportunity arises to talk about the school.

I agree that our most impactful advertising is well prepared, enthusiastic students and alumni. Many of our programs have an internship, so when our students perform well in that setting it provides a positive impression of our school in the community.

Carolyn,
From personal experience, I have been asked for information in the grocery store because I was wearing a school t-shirt. You never know.

We are a school which teaches an energy healing modality. Many of our alumnis have been trained as workshop leaders and present workshops in many areas of the country in the fundamentals of the healing arts. This has proved to be an excellent source for creating qualified leads.

personally developed leads are imparative when I worked here before was able to get allot. I think TV and Radio call ins are good as well. But financailly for the school graduates and referrals, giving your card at McDoanlds etc are great tools. word of mouth :)

Renate,
Your school sounds so interesting! Alumni are a great resource for assisting current students.

Rebecca,
The leads that come from satisfied students are priceless.

Word of mouth. I believe graduates and current students are the most important marketing tool we have. Their experiences and testimonials are unique.

Gustavo,
Personally developed leads are the best! Others opinions are invaluable.

Sign In to comment