Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Drew,
Great to hear you are a veteran! Keep your skills sharp and check for new information regularly. Our sector is a ver dynamic environment.

I would rate my knowledge of my institution high because of my research and interaction with the staff and their expertise of their various rolls. Because I live it every day, I am becoming more comfortable as time progresses.

I know my institution very well. I have been employed for 10 years, and I have good knowledge of how each department works. I definitely believe that our institution has earned a good reputation and we strive to maintain a high level of quality for our students.

Kevan,
Congratulations! Share your expertise and experiences with others. The learning never stops.

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution?

I feel like I know my school very well. I've been with the company for over 4 years now and we've had to go through several training classes on our programs, compliance and regulations. The people at our corporate office are adamant about making sure we know and understand the regulations and policies.

To keep us up to date, they will send out video modules with any new information. This is informative because it keeps us all on the same page and it has us verify we were told the new information. Before, we relied on word of mouth from our Admissions Director and that didn't always work out well.

I think I'll also try to keep up to date by meeting with department chairs and instructors, frequently check the CIE website and have any new memo that was sent out by our company readily available.

Ashley,
Your instiution sounds very communicative and up-to-date. Keep up the good work!

As the Executive Director of the school I believe it is critical for me to have a detailed knowledge of all offerings. I also instill in all of our employees the need to have a full understandings even if they are not directly involved with supporting students.

Carl,
Knowledge is certainly powerful, but also knowing where to gain knowledge is equally as powerful. You are setting a good example.

I have a pretty solid knowledge of the programs offered at my institution - I helped in the development and launch of many of them. I continue to stay closely in touch with instructors as to any changes or advancements to the curriculum.

Also, I try to closely follow each students' progress throughout their education, which can provide a very detailed look at the education experience from the other side... This can be REALLY enlightening!!!

Dennis,
Your students have a unique bond with their admissions representative. I know that many students respect the ongoing participation of their rep beyond the initial contract agreement. Do you attend their graduation?

I know more about the programs offered at the campuses that I typically admit students to. Other campuses with different programs that are less popular among applicants or further away are less familiar to me. I have recently relocated to Florida and am becoming familiar with a program that I haven't interviewed too many applicants for in the past. I'm talking about the program with multiple people on campus, including admissions directors, tour coordinators, other admissions staff, etc. in order to better familiarize myself with it.

Randall,
Sounds like you are on the move! Welcome to Florida! Enjoy the discovery process and look at it from a prospective student's point of view.

I am totally new to the whole industry, although I was in sales and customer service for more than 15 years. My wife was a graduate from my school and saw what was going on as she was attending.

I learn new stuff on a daily basis, trying to joggle a perfect ethic standard with the schools need to get new students. Because after all, it is a business, and every business needs to make money in order to be able to provide the services and wages for all the people involved with this business.

Writing business and signing up new students is one thing, but the important part is to do all of this as a very knowledgable advisor with the best ethics and in full compliance with all rules and standards. Because at the end we want to see our students graduate and be successful in the job market. This will bring us on the other hand more business, too.

Welcome to Florida, too! :-)

Enjoy the weather and the lifestyle, but remember that we have to work on education as much as possible to provide the best possible education for all of our students. Because after all,this will strenghten our workforce, our education, and in thelong run everything that this State makes the beautiful Sunshine State!

Daniel,
Thank you for sharing your story. Today, our sector is very involved in educating students for new careers. We appreciate your insight.

I would rate it a 9....there is always room for improvemnt, specially when rules and regulations change.

Pedro,
Excellent! Keep on improving!

I know the policies and procedures of our institution very well. Even though I don't typically handle advertising, I still am aware of what the advertising consists of and can talk to prospective students knowledgably.

Clay,
Rules of advertising are basically very simple...they cannot be misleading and any sources must be stated for verification.

Sign In to comment