Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizing the Paperwork

Just as suggested with the binder and dividers. and chap 1005 in the front of the binder. The rules I keep in a sperate smaller binder because I refer to them fairly frequently

For my resource book, I did as suggested and printed out the pages and inserted them in my binder for easy reference.

We have a very well defined process flow for the admissions paperwork. It follows both the guidelines and common sense so it helps create a seemless experience for the student and a well managed file for the admissions representative. There is an admissions checklist inside each student's file with the required steps outlined and paperwork required for each phase of the process. The files are tabbed divided (like hospital flip charts) to better organize admissions and financial aid information. Further, the documents under each tab have a designated order of filing. This allows us to be compliant and efficient at the same time.

I have not started a notebook but all tgis info is great

Organizing the notebook will facilitate the daily process easily and more effectively. Try and make it flow with the order in which you present information. I'm sure it will serve you well.

I keep the admissions pertinent paperwork and Commission guidelines toward the front of our resource notebook, since I refer to them more frequently. This will be a great help in guaranteeing the smooth flow of the admissions process.

We worked with a contractor who helped set up our book, training plan and hiring and firing practices.

I have decide to keep the Laws and Regulations separate form our own materials. I ahve started to mak notes to cross reference between the 2 notebooks- I have made notes in the regualtions as to where we have covered that in our paperwork.

I am organizing my notebook according to the steps in the module and although it is proving to be very time consuming it is worth it and I am learning so much. I highlight important information and I talk to my co-workers about it.

I followed the checklist provided in the course

I organize the student files as follows:

1. Student Profile (Includes emergency contact)
2. Student Assessment Exam (Min 70%)
3. Copies of 2 forms of government issued ID.
4. Copy of Proof of Eduation (Diploma or Transcipt.)
5. Typed and signed Enrollment Agreement (Compliant)
6. Financial Documentation (Vouchers, invoices..)
7. Student Enrollments Print out (Enrolled for entire Program)
8. Student Resume (Job Placement Services)

I continue to keep the necessary paperwork for the admissions process in my resource binder.
For the students that we've had enroll in the past we hold a student folder for each of them that is filed and locked each day.

I am not certain how to answer this question. Does this question pertain to the order in which a student's file should be placed with regards to the admissions process or is it in regards to the resource binder I have created for this course requirements.

If it is, then of course I have created an electronic file and also have hard copy prints that have been organized and labelled according to each section and Rule and Regulations. I do not know what else to say.

Christine Carrasquillo

I created a resource book,and try to follow the rules as outlined in the satues. Carefully reviewing the documents, and identifying all the places that the admission requirement for my institution list requires.

As I mentioned in my initial posting; I have created an electronic file as well as a hard copy of the resource book. I have labeled each tab to be used as a quick reference whenever necessary. I also plan on keeping it updated and current as rules and regulations may change.

Christine Carrasquillo

I'm dividing each section into sub-catagories. All the statues for each section have their owm place. I have also included my demos for each which are in page protectors. This will keep them neat and I will be able to access them in the future. I'm using a standard 3-ring binder as this will become the admissions team reference guide. I think it's important to have the topic sheet printed and placed in the beginning of each section also. This will tell each person using it what will be covered.

i have a personal binder but also keep all docs in my email

I organize the paperwork by school folder, then within each school folder, I have tabs for each program, then within each program tab, I have a process flow chart.

Folder for each school, then tabs for each program within the school, then a process flow chart for admission to financial aid, and onto enrollment.

Great idea! Even though having a binder seems "old school" when speaking with potential students showing them documents in a professional binder shows you are on top of your game.

Excellent! Compliance is a key factor.

Sign In to comment