Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Definitions

What are some of the terms and definitions commonly used during the admission process at your institution?

I placed the following documents in my resource notebook:

- Commission For Independent Education Rules
- Rule 6E-1.0032, F.A.C. Fair Consumer Practices
- Section 1005.38, F.S. Actions Against a
Licensee and Other Penalties
- Section 1005.34, F.S. Fair Consumer Practices; Condition of Operation

There are other notes that I made while reading through the material in this course - such notes have also been placed in my Resource Notebook.

The rules and regulations that pertain to the education industry are extremely important and must be followed. While I had previous knowledge about documents such as the enrollment agreement, school catalog, refund policies, and much more, it was good to read about each topic in more detail.It was interesting to read about the fines associated with not being compliant.

All,

Some of the terms used at our school:
Agent is Admissions representative.
Advertising is tracked as inquiry source when a new student calls in or is contacted via e-mail.
Learning assessment is Wonderlic.
Educational Funding is used for Financial Aide.

Mark Faubert

I currently am setting up my notebook, but the items I've collected so far are:
CIE Rules and regulations
Agents_Rule 6E-2.010
The above mentioned are on hard copy and soft.
Standards of accreditation from our accrediting body
School Catalog

Patty,

Some of the most commonly used terms and definitions at our institution are:

1) Enrollment - which is registering a student to take the massage therapy program when such registration obligates the student ot pay tuition to the institution and obligates the institution to provide instruction to the student.

2) Enrollment Agreement - which is a legally binding contract that is signed by the applicants to licensed institutions as well as by authorized personnel at the institution. It forms the agreement to terms of enrollment and provides disclosures which inform consumers of important policies of the institution, which their signature indicates acknowledgement of.

3)Marketing - is a general term that referes to an overall approach to promoting our school and its massage therapy program including creating, distributing, pricing, and promoting goods, services, and ideas.

Mark,

Agents may be called admissions reps but the real definition is what their job function is. The agent operates outside the school and is authorized to conduct business, e.g. Accept enrollments.

Patty Aronoff

Jeffrey,

Excellent! You are off to a great start and have a plan for keeping it current.

Patty Aronoff

Sianna,

Yes, there are fines that may be assessed by the Commission. Let's make sure that such an event does not occur by keeping current and compliant.

Patty Aronoff

Lillian,

Great job! Be sure to add marketing materials and product knowledge information on the programs your school offers.

Patty Aronoff

Institions enrollement agreement has required terms and condictios or policies can be created at the dscretion of each institution.

I placed the following documents in my resource notebook:

- Commission For Independent Education Rules
* 6E-4.005 Student Protection Fund; Train out Procedures for Closure
* 6E-1.0032 Fair Consumer Practices
* 6E-1.003 Definition of Terms.

The rules and regulations that pertain to the education industry are extremely important and must be followed. While I had previous knowledge about documents such as the enrollment agreement, school catalog, refund policies, and much more, it was good to read about each topic in more detail.It was interesting to read about the fines associated with not being compliant. Thank you for such a good refreshing method of news rules and understanding of following them.

Commission For Independent Education Rules
- Rule 6E-1.0032, F.A.C. Fair Consumer Practices
- Section 1005.38, F.S. Actions Against a
Licensee and Other Penalties
- Section 1005.34, F.S. Fair Consumer Practices; Condition of Operation.

This is very important for the understanding, and smooth operation in the Admissions field.

David,
Excellent! Your terms have definitions that relate directly to a massage therapy program. Nicely put!

Patty Aronoff

Yvonne,

The enrollment agreement must meet the standards set by CIE. any conditions or policies must be also stated in the catalog.

Patty Aronoff

Esther,

You are welcome! You are seeing the rules and regulations in a more holistic view and this is very good for a better understanding.

Patty Aronoff

Armando,

Continue to add additional documentation to build your notebook. Make it your own beyond the basics.

Patty Aronoff

Some of the terms used at our school:

Agent is Admissions Associate.
Learning assessment is Wonderlic or Accuplacer.
Educational Funding is used for Financial Planning.

Patty,
Thank you for spending time with me on the enrollment agreement and condiction or policies.It's recorded in my brain now I won't
forget.

IT Certifications: definition is that a student takes our training, must study and then pass a proctored exam in order to receive their specific IT Certications.

I'm essentially printing out pages as I go. I'm fine with screen reading for 1st time exposure but I find that the printed page helps me review materials more effectively. Could well be my grey hair ;-)

Sign In to comment