Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Admissions Vs Agent

what is the difference between an Admissions Rep and an Agent?

Kirssys,

The agent conducts business on behalf of the institution outside the physical walls of the institution.

Patty Aronoff

Yes, from what I understand they don't have to work on site but are responsible for all of the knowledge and statutes set forth by the CIE and any accrediting organizations.

I was agent from another school. The only diference between agent and admission is agent see prospect at primary their homes

Jessica,
You are correct! Agents represent the school outside of the place of business. They must be educated in all the rules and regulations. They must also be licensed by the commission.

Patty Aronoff

Gregory ,
Operate outside the place of business. That can be at their home or while they travel. Agents also must pass background checks and be licensedby the commission.

Patty Aronoff

So you are still considered an agent even if you see prospects both at the institution and off site?

Marie,
Yes as soon as you conduct business off campus you are considered an agent.

Patty Aronoff

What I have learned is that a admissions rep differs from a agent based off of where business is conducted campus vs. off campus.

Cynthia,
That is correct! Agents can conduct business on behalf of the school off from the campus grounds.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment