Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Resource Notebook

I have been working as an Admissions Representative for 4 years. I have used many guide books and training notebooks. The one that this course designates is the most complete notebook in every sense. It is going to be a great tool for me and I feel that by having it I will be informed and have at my disposal any information that a prospective student or family member may ask me regarding the school that I represent.

What Vicki mentioned above I have done the same. And is a great way to be organized and know your material and refer to it at any given time.

A flip chart might even be a good idea, too. It is important for the prospective student and family to understand the school lingo. Sometimes, they don't understand what accredited, binding arbitration, or Title IV Funding means.

Vicki,
Sounds like you are very organized. Being able to get right to the information that you need is reassuring to your prospective student.

Stephanie,
Great suggestion. Most students don't have a clear understanding figuring I will never need arbitration. Then, a situation occurs and they are faced without full knowledge. I am sure others will use your suggestion.

John,
It is great to learn from others and continue to make the notebook your own. It must work for you, not against you!

Yea... This is a great idea.. A resource notebook. I've got one going right now. What a fantastic idea.. This is really going to help us stay on track.

Joshua,
I am enjoying your enthusiasm! Make the notebook work for you.

I believe that having a notebook that contains current rules, regulations, guidelines, and best practices is essential in becoming a successful and more importantly compliant Admissions Representative.

Aaron,
Make the notebook work for you. Add to the basics with information to make your job shine.

It is always good to have these resources on hand. You deal with so many types of people with different "hot buttons" and questions that the more accurate you are with the answer the better you can represent the institution. You never know when you need to these resources and to have them on hand only makes the representative look more professional and willing to get the most accurate answer.

Kourtney,
You are right on target! Our students are very savvy today and are asking questions because they have done their research.

Sign In to comment