Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning the Rules of the Game

For me, it was interesting to learn that my interactions with prospective students are governed not only by the university, but also the accrediting body of the school, as well as the Florida Department of Independent Education. This was certainly an unforeseen epiphany as the university is based on the west coast and, although offering seminar-style classes in Florida and the Southeast region, has no brick and mortar buildings outside of the Northwest.

As one seeking completion of this certification to become an agent, I now have a much greater understanding of the breadth of regulations and statutes which I must be aware of and operate within. The need for maintaining an up-to-date notebook of adequate resources pertaining to multiple facets of the university, appears to without a doubt be an essential component of the Agent "toolbox".

Nathan,
The resource notebook is a compliance reference book. It is meant to be individually geared to your particular institution to incorporate the regulatory bodies, accrediting agencies and institutional policies.

Thanks, Patty.

I meant to clarify that the multiple facets of the university that I was referring to included both internal (university policies) and external regulations (from accrediting bodies,and governments, etc.).

Nathan, I have found over the years that most rules were written after someone had an accident or unforseen bad outcome, and by following the Rules of the Game we can really have uncommon wisdom. I like your concept of building an agents "toolbox".

Sign In to comment