Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Resource Notebook

Part A:

In my resource book, I have included the florida statues and the florida administrative code as it relates to the CIE, Agents, and Post Secondary Institutions at the suggestion of this course. I have also included the following information relevant to our institution:

1. staff, faculty, and administrative staff contact info and schedules
2. upcoming start and graduation dates of our programs
3. contact information for the massage licensing board
4. florida statues as they relate to the massage therapy licensure and practice
5. institution tuition and financial aid information
6. state regulation guide for massage therapy licensure
7. financial aid policies and procedures as they relate to both the federal government and our institution
8. institution policy and procedures
9. institution standard operating procedures
10. enrollment agreement
11. massage certification examination testing policies
12. massage therapy board meeting minutes.
13. standard operating procedures for working with the VA
14. standard operating procedures for working with americorps
15. copies of ads and marketing materials
16. current catalog
17. current catalog addenda

Part B:

I was not aware of the selection criteria and licensing requirements for the Agents. I am concerned that either the admissions representative position does not meet the criteria for Agent, or we are not following proper procedure. I am hopeful (and fairly certain) it is the former and that this course was suggested to me as an opportunity to improve my general skills and knowledge base. (smile)

In my resource notebook, I have placed -
The 2008 Statues, Chapter 1005
A copy of our college catalog
A copy of the enrollment agreement
An organizational chart
A copy of our placement policy and reference to the resource book
A copy of our suggested marketing/presentation packet

This was useful because much of our materials are online or on CDs. The Resource Notebook provides easy, tangible access.

I was not aware of the rules and regulations governing Agents. We are a small program and do not have Agents. This is beneficial, however, as some day we may become large enough to expand into hiring an Agent.

Your assumption is correct. Once you have participated in this course you meet compliance standards provided that you make the Commission aware of your new status as an agent.

I apologize for the lateness in responding - I have had technical issues which have inadvertently slowed my response time.

Sincerely,

Mayralisa

Hello

Your materials as you have listed them appear complete. Good job.

I beleive that the more you know about this process, the better you will be able to train those who will be agents for your institution. You may want to apply with the Commission for agent status and develop your plan for off campus enrollment opportunities in order to reach potential applicants you may not otherwise have access to. Just a thought!

Thanks

Mayralisa

I just started putting my resource notebook together. So far i have the school catalog, enrollment agreement, marketing materials on our advertisement. I've also created a section for "frequently asked questions" to familiarize myself with the most common questions prospects ask.

I was under the assumption the all admission reps had to have an agent license, but after going through the material, it only the rep who secures an app or accept payment at any place other than the legal place of business

This is correct. In Florida the law stipulates specifically that any enrollment transaction that takes place off campus is what requires licensure.

Other states stipulate that all admissions personnel be licensed or receive a state permit regardless of the location of enrollment activity. However, Florida's rule relies upon the institution to ensure compliance in all licensure standards, thus reserving the agent's license to activties which take place off campus.

Thanks!

Mayralisa

I didn't relize how valuable the ref notebook would be. I will start one asap

Excellent

Tht information that I placed in my Resource Notebook is as follows:

Our Licenses
Statues
Staff,and Faculty contact Information
Current Catalog
Enrollement Agreement
Policy and Procedures
Marketing Information
Organizational Chart

I also was under the assumption that all admission representatives had to have an agent license. I will make that change , because I know better now.

I have printed the Fl Statutes and Rules for my resource notebook. I'm working on the page dividers. I've included our school catalog and enrollment agreement. I have also included a section with ads and marketing samples, which includes a printed copy of our website. An organizational chart is also included. I didn't know that I could apply to be an agent for our school after completing this informative course. I like staying on top of the latest rules and regulations. Our organization is small. I am admissions director, placement director, administrator. The only other employee is the Head instructor. Do I have to name the only certified instructor the 'Director of education'?Is it alright to wear all of these hats? I'm busy, but I get the job done.

I have not started a resource book yet but will soon and this information provides a good set of standards to work with

I spent quite a bit of time just familiarizing myself with the info on the CIE website. Some of the info doesn't directly apply to me, but its good to know what info is available should someone need it. I have printed out all of the Florida Laws and Rules, and added the school catalog, application, enrollment agreement and our student manual. The student manual includes much other info incluidng the organizational chart and expanded policies.

My school i small and we do not have a registered agent, so everything about the Agents job and the regulations regarding them is new to me.

I have just started my resource notebook and have assembled the Florida Statues and Rules, my school catalog and student handbook, enrollment agreement, brochure, admissions information, course & curriculum, and financial aid information. I already have many notebooks in my office because I believe in having information readily available however going through this module will help me organize all the admissions & related information into one notebook.

Since I am relatively new to Admissions, I am finding all of the information in this module interesting especially taking the time to review the CIE information and website. Reviewing each rule and regulation and relating them to the my institution has been very beneficial.

That is the purpose of the resource book. The more you use it the better your knowledge will be. Keeping a central source of information will always work to your advantage. Good luck!

All of this information was helpful in establihshing my resource book

In addition to the guidelines outlined in the course, I have also used many of the suggestions noted by fellow students. Thier ideas were very helpful

As an accrediated institution, my institution maintains an admissions notebook. I have reviewed the notebook and ensured that the following information has been included:
1. florida statues and the florida administrative code related to independent educational institutions
2. florida statues as they relate to nursing
3. organizational chart
4. sample enrollment agreement
5. latest copy of academic catalog
6. frequently asked questions handout, which details the admission process and outlines the program
7. entrance testing application
8. brochure describing the program
9. accrediation and licensing documents
10. financial aid information

I have also reviewed my institution's business and administrative policies and procedures with respect to admissions and included relevant pages into my notebook.

The notebook is an excellent tool for all individuals at an institution. We have utilized the notebook to orient admission staff, administrative staff and faculty. I also recommend that these documents be kept electronically on an intranet so that all individuals can review the "electronic notebook" when they have questions.

The hardest part about the notebook is keeping it current. Laws change and internal policies change frequently. We conduct a formal review of the notebook and policies on an annual basis to ensure that information is relevant and up to date.

Your customers are your best source for how to improve your process. Goodluck!

Every that was suggested, it was really very good information

I think this is an extremely useful tool. It gives us an opportunity to take what we deem valuable & keep it with us. We can also add to our notebook at any given time.

Sign In to comment