Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

After reviewing the content for this section, I feel that we have a pretty good annual performance review process in place for instructors.I do think we could be doing better, however, when it comes to providing instructors with information in real time via dashboards.

It is important to monitor instructions in both a qualitative and quantitative manner. 

New faculty should have weekly meetings or 1:1's with a supervisor to track progress (or opportunities) in order to get better results.

Thrilled about the course's balanced blend of synchronous and asynchronous learning, fostering a solid foundation for faculty performance. The proactive 30-day feedback and coaching, coupled with an annual development plan, show a commitment to continuous improvement. Varied evaluation practices, from 30-day assessments to quarterly and annual reviews, ensure a comprehensive approach to maintaining high instructional standards. Kudos to the program for its dedication to effective feedback and ongoing enhancement of online teaching skills!

This statement was important, " Focus on predictive indicators..." rather than negative quantitative data. Focus on the successful predictors...

I like the idea of focusing more on quantitative data and then qualitative. Once the instructor has their activities for the course outlined, then the manager can assist them in refining the details in the activities.

I will make sure to complete observations of all online instructors.

Evaluating the faculty performance within the first 30 days is essential to ensuring the development of effective faculty strategies for grading and supporting online engagement.

This module provided some great information about measuring and managing effective strategies for online instruction.  It is easier to work with faculty to evaluate and initiate improvements when you have qualitative and quantitative data to support needed changes.  

Sign In to comment