Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

All encompassing web based marketing strategy.

I would like to ask about thoughts on web based marketing to compliment radio, flier, billboard..etc. I was recently introduced to a company offering services that tie in with our website, scheduling software, emails and the like. They monitor responses, reviews, revenue, feedback, social media and local non competing businesses that may be an avenue for recruiting students. This day and age everything is via mobile devices, internet, and electronic paper.
I would be interested in know if anyone else is doing this and how or if it works for them?

Lea,
Great question. We think the answer is "it depends." The type of marketing used at your institution depends on many factors such as the programs offered and student market as a start. It also depends on carefully evaluating results compared to costs. Are the leads qualified and do they enroll? Sometimes billboards and TV are just too broad for the programs offered. Sometimes there is marketing that doesn't have to be complex or costly. Besides word of mouth we like Community Outreach. Reaching out to all segments of the community, within your target market, is a great way to target ideal students. thanks, Susan

Dr. Susan Schulz

I think the major benefit to utilizing the 'all encompassing web marketing companies' is that their expertise can be harnesses to save limited staff time in learning the complexities of various social media fomats. The overwhelming 'drawback,' however,is that it can be extremely difficult to gauge your own efforts when trying a variety of different strategies.

For instance, when a company controls their own youtube channel and masters use the analytics tools, IMMEDIATE feedback is seen in response to different marketing efforts there. Timeliness and accuracy of information are 'always' better when gathered and reviewed directly by the company who is the most skilled in interpreting the results. And, since the feedback is immediate, adjustments and modifications can be done real-time...not 30, 60 or 90 days later.

Sign In to comment