Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress managment

I look forward to trying the new things that I have learned during this course. One example includes the four step approach. Stop. Breath. Reflect. Choose. I think if I stop and think before I react I can manage stress better.

Adam ,
It is excellent you can gain and benefit for your future. What you learn and put to work for you is always a reward that can never be taken away.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I think this course offers very good tips for stress management. This four step approach of Stop, Breath, Reflect and Choose helps your stress levels to be at a minimum as well as address the stress before it gets out of control and shows in your work performance, productivity ect.

Lisa,

Many people don't realize how important it is to control stress. Stress is a large contributor to poor health when we don't know how to deal with stress. When we can take care of ourselves by activity, recreation, physical exercise and spiritual rejuvenation the outcome will be positive.

Dr. Gary Carlson

The suggestions made in this course were very beneficial. I learned quite a bit about myself and all of my unnecessary toxic worry.I plan to implement the four step approach to my personal and career life in the hopes of balancing my life as a whole. Thus far, my life seemed to revolve around the "what ifs" rather than my rationalizing what could be done to better the situation. Your tips were a tremendous help to me.

Laurel,
Having positive self-talk helps to address your daily challenges. Positive Self-Talk by Lou Tice is a great book to read.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Thank you for your reading suggestion. I am looking forward to more literature on self-help in stress management in both my career and personal endeavors. I have strugged too long with toxic worry. Your course has enlightened me in many methods to avoid this negative worry and concentrate on good worry. Thank you for your great expertise!!!

Laurel,
I appreciate your thank you. If you are interested in good reading another book I think you might enjoy would be "Drive" by Daniel Pink.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I learned alot from this course, I realized that I was stressed and didn't even now it. I can now recognize stressors and use your steps to reduce them.

Dan ,
Good for you! You will be performing at a higher level by understanding your motivators and what could hinder your performance. Controlling what you can control makes life bearable.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I like the techniques discussed on this course, and I have been using some of them to reduce my stress level. Still, there are many new things I learned about stress and myself when taking this course. Great!

Agnes,
I am happy you have found some things that work for you. It is great now with your knowledge you can help other people. If the techniques are not working for someone it may be possible they need something more in-depth. Some people benefit from therapy if the stress has effected them psychologically and need professional help.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment