Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress Relievers

Are there any other things that can be done to alleviate stress beyond those mentioned in the Stress module?

Stress is an individual decision by each person on how they approach it. Your concert to success depends on what keeps you on the path to achievement.

A long time ago, I read a great information brochure on how to eliminiate stress from work to home. Every day before leaving work, so you don't take the stress home with you, write your thoughts down on a piece of paper of things that have bothered you during the course of the day. Take that paper, review it, look at things you can address tomorrow productively. Those things in which you have no control, but will house inside you to bring home negatively to your family, partner, or otherwise, realize that they are things that should not stay with you. Upon doing so, crunch up the piece of paper and throw it in the trash can. Tell yourself that you have thrown those problems away and you will start fresh tomorrow without any of those concerns. In other words, leave the concerns at the office in the trash. It works!

You have a very useful technique of dealing with stress. Being capable of leaving your srtess at home is something we all need to do. There are many families and marriages have been altered by not being able to leave the stress level at work.

I like this idea alot...sometimes we need a physical act to help us make the mental leap of letting things go that we can't control.

I really like your idea about writing the problem down and throwing it away until tomorrow. Many times at the end of a stressfull day I will think about what I might have done instead of what I did. Role play it in my mind and then think of Gone with the Wind and say I will think about that tomorrow. Most times it helps. You do need to leave things at work and give yourself time to relax.

Ruth,
Logical mind is better than emotional irrational decisions. To do this you need to step back sometimes.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment