Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree that you can plan for a crisis. When you have a strong management team that is ready, willing and able to address the issue.Last year I was out for six weeks and a crisis came up and it was compounded by the fact that I was out. My strong team handled the crisis because though we were not prepared for that specific problem they were prepared to find solutions from the training we we put into effect.

I agree, like most of the others, that you can plan for a crisis. I have my company's emergency response plan close at hand so that my first reaction in a situation would be to grab the plan, assess what what I could of the situation and look to the safety of the staff and students. While no plan can fit all, it's a beginning and can take some of the panic of what to next away. Check the plan - is it pertinent to what is happening around, does it give you any ideas of what to do next?

Tamara,

Good idea! The other strength is the need to be adaptable as a crisis is in progress.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Glenda,
Your team is half the battle. People who,are leaders,and can anticipate issues will get you through tough times m

Dr. Gary Carlson

I believe you can prepare with anticipation by getting certain precautionary resources and staff in place to handle a crisis. I believe with experience comes knowledge.
Each crisis provides a learning opportunity. One can understand the situation better with experience and can reevaluate any areas of weakness and take measure needed to be better prepared in the future.

Andrea,

This is one way to always be ahead of the game. When we do this we need to periodically look at our plan for changes.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Josue,
Leaders and team are the key. Crisis probably can't be avoided but you can reduce the loss if prepared.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Josue,

This comes from your strong hiring practices. When you hire a good team they know what to do. This practice should never be overlooked.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sharon,

No plan will fit exactly all issues but your plan gives you a start. The next is to be adaptable to the crisis situation.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Yes. By looking objectively at every aspect of your business and identifying all potential crises it is possible to have a plan of action in place that will minimize damages should that event occur.

Yes, I definately agree. Although you may know what and where of the crisis, you are mentally prepared and having gone through the brainstorming process you should be much more prepared for thinking through any issue when the time arrives.

Yes, it is possible to plan for a crisis. It is very important to always have a plan as well as a trained management team to help manage any crisis that does come up. You can’t plan for everything but you can always be as prepared as possible.

Jennifer,
We all can learn from everyday experiences. Crisis is a measure that requires us to evaluate how we did in the crisis. This is why we are a nation that gets better by learning from our actions.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Betty,
Crisis plans are essential to avoid issues we have in our control. All crisis plans should be visited periodically. This will update any changes necessary

Dr. Gary Carlson

William,
Teamwork is essential to accomplish the task at hand. Each person should be aware of their role and function.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Anna,
You are right! Your team should revisit the plan periodically for new employees and updates.

Dr. Gary Carlson

You will never know know when a crisis comes . Getting together and forming a crisis team to put together a plan so that everyone is ready and can meet a crisis is good for every business. I t is possible to plan for a crisis situation when you know the importance of being ready or if you are aware of what crisis may hit your establishment.

Rey,

Planning ahead for a crisis is a great practice. We should use our team to discuss the possible crisis that could occur and plan an action plan to reduce the losses. Crisis plans should be revisited periodically for changes and to refresh for new employees.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I agree to plan for a crisis situation. WE need to be positive and work as a team with your coworkers.

Karina,
This activity can be a team building process. Crisis plans are a way to avert some extreme circumstances if a plan is in place. Every crisis plan should be revisited periodically for new employees and updates. In time of crisis the plan stands but we need to be adaptable for unforeseen circumstances.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment