Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress

Wow, couldn't be a more perfect time for me to discuss stress. With impending externships/practicums coming in the near future for our first graduating class the stress is building to make sure everything is done right.

On top of that, our child care situation we had agreed upon with our in-laws just exploded and now we are shopping child care centers.

I deal with stress well, but there have been moments that I have slipped and let it get to me. I've found that physical activity is one of the most effective ways to rid yourself of some stress. Motivation is hard when your mentally and physically worn out.

If your a gym person, try setting a small goal like just making it to the gym. Don't over anylize the details regarding what workout your gonna do or how hard your gonna workout. Just get there, get out of your car, and go in. Once your there it's much easier follow through. Jump on the treadmill and get the blood pumping a bit, and you'll slowly start to gain motivation.

Another way of working with stress is having some daily decompression time. While this is practicall impossible with two young kids, i do take some time every day to disconnect whether that be during my lunch break at work or 30 minutes in the evening once the kids are in bed.

Hey there , i can relate . I like to do physical activites such as basketball or running and crunches.I also sometimes play video games on my phone on breaks. I dont know why , but it works to take my mind off the stressor....

Sign In to comment