Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Every month, I have a one on one meeting with each of my direct report. We discussed how they are doing in their current role and what stretch assignments are available for them to gain the hands on experience. Every quarter, we have a discussion on their own individual development plan. Here, I give them my input on how they can leverage their strengths and work on their development objectives.

As a librarian I interact with adult students on a daily basis, and occasionally students are not sure of themselves and the path they have chosen. I have encouraged them to search within themselves, what do you enjoy about this path you are on. Do they get excited, are they passionate. All of these pointers an individual should ask him/her self they are vital.

As a Clinical Coordinator I have helped students access a career path by consistently networking with organizations and linking students to organizations based on their skills and personalities in an effort to open a door to their career and provide a foundation to build upon.

Brenda,
this is a tremendous service to your students & really shows them your concern for their success.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment