Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Touch

I have found in my owm time management eval that because of my of my softer disposition people approach me all the time to help with their problems or to ask me questions about our goals. It takes up too much of my time daily.

Joseph,

You're probably nicer than me, but I still get similar traffic. The best thing I have found is to hide sometimes so that I can concentrate.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Soft management styles have not worked very well in my military and medical career. When I got into education, I found that top down management works for a while but is not sustainable. Just as this training states, there must be a balance. Prioritization also dictates whether the one-on-one conversations with your direct reports are fruitful.

Nelson,

There are number of ways a leader can be inspirational and focused on goals simultaneously. How do you try to do both?

Jeffrey Schillinger

I do have a good soft management style some colleagues may see me as a nicer person in general, however I am not sure if that is a good quality to have. I feel that I can be taking advantage of and I what them to know that I am willing to help out, but know at times I am not going to bend over backwards. Though I have great soft skills for my customers I don't think having them for my colleagues is always good.

Sign In to comment