Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using the Forum

This forum is not facilitated by a faculty member. The intention of the forum is to allow you to interact with other course participants - career school professionals who have the same interests as you. You can start a new discussion thread on any topic related to this course or participate in any ongoing discussions. Go ahead, post a question and/or share your knowledge and experiences with your peers. Let us create an active learning community where we can all learn from each other.

Note that the discussions in this forum occur in an asynchronous fashion. So please don't expect a reply right away. The best way to track the discussions is to add them to "My Threads". This option is available for each discussion thread. When you add a thread to "My Threads", you will receive an email copy of each posted message that is related to that thread. If you make a post, that thread is automatically added to "My Threads". You can manage your discussion thread subscriptions via a link that appears on the homepage of each forum.

Personal responsibility is essential in a leadership role and ethical behavior is an important. Employee's follow by example and determine permisible behavior by what their managers condone.

It is important for anyone filling a leadership role to adequately utilize personal self-assessment principles, be a good example for his/her employees, and follow ethical managerial behavior.

This course seems to be very user friendly, includes appropriate information, and is certainly beneficial to anyone in a management position.

Taking responsibility for our actions is very important not only in management, but in life. Employees do follow by example.

I found this information very helpful to individuals both in and not in a managerial role. Could you imagine how the work environment would be if these ideas were shared with everyone. If we have people doing the right things others do notice and respond. I think we should keep the "good" out front in everyone for everyone to see and we will then see much more imullation happen.

As an instructor, accountability for our own actions is so important when expecting certain behaviors of our students. The best leadership is leading by example.

simplifing work havist and aquiring new knolege will eventually result in better production in the work field

Managers / Instructors...Regardless of their level, have a duty to those they are leading or directing. If a Manager or Instructor is absent from work or duty (truant) or guilty in respect of duty (delinquent) without good cause, a negative precedent is being set for those who look to you for leadershim or education.

Do you believe that instructors has a duty to each student, many times placing the students' education ahead of their (the instructor) self interest in order to serve the purpose of education?

I found this forum to be very receptive to those of us in this type of enviornment. Taking ownership of ones actions in a personal setting or working environment is essential to your growth as an employee or on a personal level.

Positive feedback is an underated and underutilized method of improving the workplace.

Yes, as an instructor you have a real power over students, You influence and effect them more than they (individually) do you. This is a responsibility and a duty. We have self interest, of course but in the class room it is our duty to put the student first.

The information in this course is great for anyone who plans to be a manager someday or for those who are already managers. It has been my experience that you can learn a lot both from good managers and bad managers.

That is so true! Especially when we are requiring our students to write professionally, we need to be careful about doing the same and checking for spelling/grammar errors.

This is a well-organized course with real benefits for managers.

This was a very informative course, useful not only to managerial staff, but to everyone both inside and outside of the workplace.

I agree with you Leon, it has been my experience with many managers that bad ones will cause you to follow their bad habits and the goods ones just make work a better place to be.

Hi Melonie

I agree with your response. This class made you review issues/concepts previously learned.

As an instructor of post secondary students, I believe that demonstrating personal responsibility and ethical behavior is an important part of the student's learning process. After all we are managers of our classrooms, putting use in a leadership role.

Sign In to comment