Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mutual Respect

I think problems arrive when mutual respect is not given between the boss and employee. Agree to disagree but respectfully.A good boss creates an environment where ideas are welcome;not belittled.A good boss avoids "political" decisions and judges everyone on their merits. A god boss can accept when he/she is wrong.

i whole heartedly agree with the above comment. what do you do when the boss does not have mutual respect? just go with it, try to work it out with them, continue to try to correct the problem by showing your respect for them?

I absolutely agree about a boss being open to new ideas and opinions. I think that it makes for a healthy relationship in the work place.

I agree

I read an article recently on mutual respect. It stated that there are seven steps to building a company culture that embraces respect. It stated that in order to establish respect the following must be in place: rights and responsibilties (relating to roles and appropriate behavior), equality, standards of success, perception, effort, commuication and training.

The best advice is to pay attention. Observe what happens beyond our work desk, since, for example, a problem in the production area can affect the administrative area. Knowing what happens in the company will allow you to come on some reactions or moods in the total corporation.

I agree.... I think learning to communicate effectively will get you further when presenting information to your boss. Having legitimate information, will only benefit you and the department to excel and be more productive.

Mutual respect is definitely needed between
boss and employee. I have been a manager on several occasions and the best teams are derived from this relationship. It makes going to work much more pleasurable, which in turn increase productivity. People are willing to go the extra mile for a boss that respects them.

A very good point. And I think it goes with what the tutorial mentioned about having a realistic view of your boss. The realistic viewpoint allows for the mutual respect.

I agree to disagree. A good boss will welcome a difference in opinion and can accepts those opinions and follow through. It's important to respect my boss and understand her role.

Sign In to comment