Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Connecting With Your Boss.

Besides knowing everything about how your boss operates at work, I think it is also important to connect on some personal level, even if minimum.

keep him informed

I agree that getting to know your boss on a personal level at a minimum is a good idea.

How do you going about keeping your boss informed; so as not to seem as if you are crossing a line? What approach would you use when someone comes into a new position and starts to change the rules before they know what needs to be fixed?

I believe connecting could be as easy as relating to your boss at some level... find something in common. Kids, past sports you practiced, places you lived, education, whatever... find that something in common and relate. That is as far as connecting in my opinion...

Yes I agree. It does have its drawbacks if you let this get out of hand too. Staying professional is always the best policy. Having some common interests aids in communication as long as it does not interfere with getting the job done.

I agree that you must find some common interests and keep the interactions completely professional. I have an awesome boss. Once a month our team tries to get together over a meal and have 15-30 minutes of nonwork interaction. Once the meal is finished then, we begin our meeting and open the forum for work related discussions.

Sign In to comment